Song Writing For Teens: July 17 - 21
Does your child have a knack for composing or improvising?
Did you know that you can write an entire song with only just 4 chords? This unique camp teaches students how to write their first song in a "pop" style of 4-note chording. Students will have time to compose their first song, enjoy improvisational activities and ear training games, perform their song in front of an audience, and learn to create their first social media post on a platform that they choose such as Instagram Reels. The goal of this camp is for students to begin documenting their song writing journey. This camp is best for students who have shown an interest in composition and the facilitator would be able to help guide them forward. Students are expected to spend an additional 30 to 60 minutes each day outside of class time to work on their songs at home.
Session Days: July 17 - July 21, 2023
Session Time: 3:45PM (PST) - 5:45PM (PST)
5 Days: 120 mins per day / 2 hours
What to Bring: Socializing snack break (Bring your own water, light snack)
Age: 9 to 18
Location: #201-4381 Fraser St, Vancouver, BC
Pre-Requisites: Participants will need to be able to read music (note names, note values, rests, dynamics, and articulation) and have learned piano for at-least 2 years or more. Grade 1 RCM and above or Piano Adventures Level 3A and above.
Summer Camps 2022
Join our virtual Piano Club!
Summer "Start" Piano Club
Calling all Beginner & Elementary Level Piano Students!
Get a kickstart to learning the piano on your own by joining our Summer "Start" Piano Club.
Afterwards, you can decide to join a group class, private lesson, or future camps.
This year's theme is Supercharged Heroes because you will supercharge yourself ahead by learning on your own, then with a group of students, and with a teacher online!
- Program Length: June 15, 2022 to September 15, 2022
- 8 Pre-Recorded Videos: Learn the basics quickly, enhance your techniques, and play new songs! You can learn as many songs as you want. Complete 6 missions and receive a certificate of completion.
- 4 Live Jam Sessions: 'Live' group sessions with flexible dates!
- 2 Private Sessions: Flexible booking through our Member's Portal Calendar! You can join Miss Donna online or in-person in Vancouver, BC.
- Downloadable: Superhero 'Themed" Summer Challenge Practice Workbook (12+ pages of activities created by Miss Donna)
Summer Piano Club Perks
- Free Supersonics Membership: Simply download onto your iPad/tablet and get started!
- Free Simply Piano or Piano Maestro Membership: Simply download onto your Ipad/tablet and get started!
- Priority Registration: As a member of our Happy Keys School Learning family, you get first dibs on openings.
- Superhero Badges & Stickers: Receive virtual stickers to use through Tonara, collect virtual badges of completion for challenges, and a physical sticker sheet at the end of each lesson to be mailed to you at the end of the term!